You see that young lady over there jogging at 6:30 in the morning, already put in some miles, already worked up a sweat. Of course you can't see her because she is out of sight. But I'll tell you she is wearing makeup. There's only one reason why she would be wearing makeup even before the sun comes up. She's looking and hoping someone else is looking too. The late Townes Van Zandt wrote my song a long while back. "Still Lookin For You". Lucky for me I lived long enough to find you. The culture of Austin makes it easy to be physically active, and if you are looking it's always best to look your best. I still like the song, I like all of Townes' songs, but it's not my song anymore. Thanks, Townes for giving me eternal hope.
It looks like some last minute assignments are being done on the drag in the film class with this spontaneous interview.
The drag is empty, no bustling babbling students worrying about exams and grades for a while.
So as I go by listening to Muddy Waters, I turn it off to hear this young lady playing Bluegrass for tips. Less tips on the empty drag, but better for the sound.
Popular posts from this blog
Too many to Decide
Memorial of a Deadly Bicycle Accident
It happened yesterday in this fair city, El Paso, Texas. A cyclist was killed while on an early morning ride, a time when the roads are still sleepy and a time when there is not much concern for safety. Mr. Heinz Duerkop, 67 years old was taken from life on earth by a car which hit him from behind. I went to the spot this morning to see that the cyclist had been hit from behind by an automobile who had not applied brakes, leaving fairly deep scrape marks in the asphalt for a distance of about 20 feet. According to the El Paso Times newspaper the rider was thrown a distance. The driver is being sought for hit and run. From what I could see by the remnant marks on the street, the rider was about 15 inches from the curb riding on a street(Georg Deiter) that had a wide inside lane. someone had to be veering extremely far left of the dashed lane stripe to have hit this cyclist. I don't want to exploit the unfortunate, but I feel like doing something to memorialize this man and this eve...
Comments