Golden Opportunity

I'm not sure what is happening: Are more businesses getting in on the gold market to sieze an opportunity for the fearful times we are in, or am I more in tune with gold sellers because of my fear of the economical times we are in? Is it better buy gold or buy a certificate of gold? What the heck is that? Is there a place where I can buy just gold? Not a coin, not something stamped.
Once a long time ago I made a mistake, a good mistake. I bought some old 1870 something ten dollar gold eagle coins, all in good shape. I bought quite a few of them. I was barely 20 years old. I didn't know what I was doing, but had the cash flow to allow me to spend money on gold.
A few years later I made another mistake, a bad mistake. Before going any further, let me be clear, I've made lots of mistakes, but today I am only talking about two of them. You see I had a scrape with the law and needed an attorney to help me keep my freedom. The attorney I hired needed retainer money. The only thing I could think of was to take my gold coins to a dealer who offered me the weight value and not the numismatic value. I was in a bind and did the deal. I carried the cash to the attorney. Upon delivery and his curiousity, I told him I sold a coin collection. Describing the enventory to him, he nearly had heart failure, because he missed an opportunity to take this naive person instead of letting some coin dealer. To think of how much those ten dollar excellent condition coins are worth today is somewhat disheartening. Then on the other hand, it is just one of many tuitions I've paid for my life's education. I know a little bit about almost everything and a lot about hardly anything, and at this point in my life, I wouldn't or couldn't have it any other way.

Cooler weather looms ahead. Certain creatures will be going away in hiding or living. I named this grand madam Charlotte in honor of EB Lewis' wonderful story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!