Not My Twin's Brother

Maybe you’ve seen the video of the cyclist up north who loads himself with video cameras. He puts one on his helmet, then one on his handle bars, then tools around town filming the dangerous situations he gets himself into. When another vehicle comes close to killing him he has it on film complete with sound to where you can hear him cursing at the car or eighteen wheeler. To me that part is funny because I bet the drivers can’t hear him, but he has it on camera. It reminds me of when a dog chases a car and barks all the while. Is he barking at the car or the driver?
Some of my friends have said that this guy is my long lost twin. Surely they jest. Or perhaps not. I don’t think I am that radical, but I do get vocal and animated when I feel crossed or threatened or find myself in a dangerous situation. I am not posting said video on my blog because maybe that guy is my twin.
This leads me to now, this time in my life since moving from Austin Texas to El Paso Texas, still commuting to work on my touring bike. Same drill, different place and different days. By the way, El Paso is a friendly city to ride in, at least from my experiences. The locals here don’t think so. I hear all the time people say, “I would love to ride my bike to work, but THIS is El Paso, the drivers are crazy”. It’s the same thing I hear in Austin, but let me tell you, Austin seems to be a little more dangerous than El Paso. There are more riders in Austin per capita than in El Paso which gives outsiders that Austin is a more bike friendly town. I think the bottom line is that there are more cyclists in Austin, and that’s it. Just more bicycles, nothing more.
Indeed, I have had a few close calls here in EP, but that is to be expected. I am still have Publicdata.com to get to people and let them know they need to be safer. I don’t have video cameras taped to me or my bike, but I do have a camera that helps me remember license plate numbers or automobile descriptions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!