Weighing Balance

Saul got some practice with his plumb bob last Thursday, using his analytic mind, sliding my seat and having me pedal in place. I actually had the Roubaix dialed in pretty close, making Saul's finishing touches sort of easy. If not for health and physical well being, my peace of mind promotes positive thinking in believing that I now have a new ride that is "fit" to me.

Heaven forbid that anyone reads my unworthy blog, but if Saul should read it, I only hope he forgives me for I was a bit untruthful to him when I was under his fitting care. I told him I had allergies when in fact, when I went to the doctor's office later, found out I had some cold virus and got medicine prescriptions and directions to stay in and rest. Saul, I hope I wasn't contagious.

By the time Sunday rolled around I was feeling better and on the mend, say around 80% well. I could not stand just looking at Roubaix with a beautiful spring day just out the door, so I climbed on and did a 50 miler. I went a bit slow as I didn't want to tax my lungs. The discipline to keep the average to 15.3 mph was difficult at times, especially when being passed by others along the route. I think that with the subtle change in the knee over the pedal caused my knees to be a bit sore after the ride. But the next day, commuting on Tigua, all was very good.

I love to ride. I have heard this many times from others, so when I repeat that there is something very spiritual about turning the crank, it sounds like I am saying if for the first time.

The three day break was nice, now that it's over. I hope Jill up in Alaska, in her youth can realize that when our psychic, that is our spiritual medium, tells us something when we work hard for months and then one day something deep inside talks out of our planned agenda. The scales will always balance in the end no matter how hard we try to keep them weighed on our favor. And the funnel will always require that it gets poured into at no greater rate than it can dispense. When I was her age I went way too far and the required interval was far longer than I wished for. The gift of maturing with years is that one can look back and see more clearly how our youthful exuberance causes wall crashing with wonderfully strong ambition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!