Numbered Days.


Our days are numbered it has been said. I only remember hearing that phrase when it describes someone's time on earth to short. Kind of negative, don't you think? The dieing man in the hospital with late stages of cancer for example. Under the big umbrella we all know that we each have been allotted a certain number of days on this planet. Then what happens nobody knows for sure it seems, but some people may have a better understanding than others. I personally don't have a clue. I was taught early in life that there is an afterlife with a couple of options for spending the rest of eternity. I mean, I hope I am being good enough so that I don't have to down there, you know the place that's hot and fiery. I mean, tooling around earth with all you good folks for a short 80 or 90 years is a lot of fun, but then going some other place that could last a long long long time? Oh my, I think I should be even better because I like air conditioning.
Enough of the big umbrella of numbered days, what about the subsets of numbered days? You know, the little umbrellas that fit under the big one. Like, for example, my bicycle trip to El Paso. When I decided to do that I planned pretty far in advance and the days slowly clicked by and then one day the number one day came to actually start the trip, and then those days quickly clicked by. If the earth didn't rotate around the sun daily I would think that days and time were just all in the mind, because of the changing speeds in which "day clicking" happens.
Subset day numbering is fun and un-fun (truthfully though, its all fun in the big picture) depending on which part of the sine wave of time clicking I am on. If I am in in the slow click days, I tend to think of it as un-fun, and when I am in the quick click days, it is loads of fun. (remember that this is all fun really. Really) In this last subset of numbered days, I have been slow clicking for at a mere 24 days, plus or minus, and it seems like a long time, like many more days than 20 something. I have 8 more to go before the quick clicks commence, 3 quick clicks, like a blur it will be.

Numbered days granted to us all
On the last is when we fall
Live each one like it's the last
Because this life goes by fast
How many days did already click
Looking back it has gone by quick
How many yet remain on good ole earth
Sum total from the your day of birth
where will I go when my time is done
does it really matter? This is day one
At last I saw the twinkle in your eye
So I can rest well on the day that I...........


8 days........... a Beatle's week

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!