Beets Driving

***********
I take so many pictures on my daily walks around the UT campus, the vast majority of which are not much to look at, just like this one. I wonder where the sticker came from. If it's about the vegetable beets, then how did it become attached to something other than driving? If it the idea came from a play on words about cycling and the vegetable, then what's the connection. I know this is very trivial and really not worth pondering over the why, who, and what about this sticker on a bicycle, but sometimes I just seem to want to go there. I also like the sticker with a row of bikes. You may not be able to see them good unless you click on the picture to enlarge it.

I wasn't really paying attention when I walked by this bike, but as I was passing it, it was almost like a whisper getting my attention. I once owned a Univega just like it. I looked it over really good and decided this could very well have been my old bike from back in the early 90's. It was a used bike when I got it and served me well. I got it as an interim replacement to a stolen bike. I eventually got a fairly nice Trek so the Univega sat in the garage on standby until I finally gave it away.

When I think about my daily commutes from apartment to work, and work to apartment, 10 miles each way, I find that there is nothing to write about unless I repeat myself. The routine, even in rush hour traffic is uneventful for the most part. Every once in a while, at least, to me it seems like just once in a while something negative happens so I write about that. Just think if I were a driver writing about my daily drive to and from work. Boring. Driving a car each day is not necessarily boring, but not nearly as much fun or meaningful in getting around to me. I can't resist here to say some of the same things I've said many times and that is the weather was nice and cool this morning and the winds are forecast to blow in my face on the way back this afternoon. I will try not to get right hooked or impede traffic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!