What I Should've Said

Ricardo Vega's Store, Revolution Cyclery was the meeting place for the ride in West El Paso this past Sunday. This being my first organized group ride in El Paso, and me being a chronic early person, the parking lot was empty with a good view of the storefront
Soon though, riders were showing up, unloading their bikes, pumping tires, putting on shoes, helmets and sunglasses; then off we went. I counted about 25 riders in all, with two recumbent bikes and one tandem bike.
At the midway point, the lead riders were at this high point called, I believe, Anthony Gap. The view was spectacular, which made waiting for the rest of the group to arrive enjoyable. Pretty soon though we were off heading back in this out and back route. Going down the mountain was nice but a headwind made keeping a 25mph pace more like work. My computer shows that 30.5mph was my fastest of the day with an average mph of 16.5. All the folks I met were very friendly and welcoming. I look forward to doing this ride again.

This photo does not do the justice this view looks like in person.










And Now About The Daily Commuter

Eric had just completed lacing up one of my new wheel sets, had lubed the eyelets, snugged up the spokes for truing preparation when he discovered that the side of the rim had an ugly but hard to see crimp in it. Sol and Eric looked it over thoroughly then decided to send it back and have another one sent. That's a setback in time for me, but it doesn't matter at this point. I am limping along fine on my cracked wheels. This is one way of squeezing every ounce of mileage I can get out of the original wheels.















April's Story

After April won 3rd place in her category speech competition this past weekend, we went out to eat at a really cool restaurant. Matthew didn't go because he was at a swank party, so there were just the three of us. In our conversations, one was about teachers and adults and young people and rules and stuff. Somehow I made a comment that adults need to be careful because children are smarter than adults. April's response to that was that I have weird opinions. My defense at the time was that adults may be more intelligent, but kids may be smarter and there was a difference. But what I should have said in that exchange was my first comment should be proof enough that what I said was true, especially with her retort.
Congratulations, April for your oratory accomplishment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!