Three Pages Left In The Chapter

I woke up Last Saturday morning early, before the alarm which is set to public radio. I woke up in Austin which has been unusual for me this last year and a half. My weekend commutes to El Paso took me away from an established routine, then started another routine which will change again in the very near future. Change is good, they say, and if anyone has gone through several changes, well I guess I have.
Waking up in Austin on a Saturday morning caused me to feel like I was back in old times so I did that day what I did in old times. I made some coffee, piddled around for awhile, then got on my bicycle and rode into the downtown area. Previously,I packed up some books that I decided I can live without and dropped them off at Half Price Books. I then went to Whole Foods Market, to hang around, browse, drink coffee, and shop a little.

When I left there I went by the Farmers Market and came upon a festival of sorts at the adgacent park. At that point I remembered why I liked to get up early and go downtown solo on my free Saturdays. After awhile, I rode through Town Lake Park to see all the active people this city has, and then on to Bicycle Sports Shop to pay one last visit and say goodbye to some old friends. By the time I got back to the apartment I had registered 28 miles.

Soon Jeanette, Corbin and Adam came over to take away some household items to use when they get settled in their new place. I got to hang out with Corbin a few hours. He's getting around really well, so I had to really keep an eye on him. The thing is he got to take a nap, but I was more tired than he, but I had to stay awake. I hung out the rest of the day at the apartment disorganizing everything in the hopes of somehow getting it all reorganized for the big move. (The place looks like it has been ransacked by hoodlums)
Sunday I did the same, got up early and got on my bike, but this time I went south towards San Marcos. There was a strong headwind, so that pulling the trailer made for a slow ride. I was in no hurry anyway. The wild sunflowers were waving at me the whole way. I didn't quite make it to San Marcos either, but that's OK. On my way back north, I decided to stop in at the church in Kyle, Texas, Saint Anthony, a very nice church for sure. As good things would happen I ran in to someone I think very hightly of. I got to meet his wife and two sons. It's funny how you bump into people as you go about. Then I went back to the apartment, some 45 miles, in time to meet up with my oldest daughter, Shawneen and her hubby Jeff. They came over to take away my bed so that granddaughter Amber would have a different bed to sleep on. When they left I did more disorganizing and spent the rest of the day in the apartment.
All in all, this weekend was a gift for reverent closure a chapter in my life. With just a few more pages to go I will start on a new chapter and for that I am very excited.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!