Can't Say That.... Yet

Of the small amount of city riding in El Paso, I think I've done enough to get an opinoin established. I have heard that El Paso motorized vehicle drivers are intolerant of us cyclists, that it is a very dangerous place to be. I can't say that yet though because when I ride VC (vehicular cycling), my experiences so far have been just like those in any other city I've ridden in. Of course Austin is the one city where I rode the most, and that city claims to be a bicycle friendly town. Granted there are far more cyclist to be seen per capita in Austin than El Paso, but the point is that if one would ride in accordance to the traffic laws, it is safer for everyone. I don't think motorists go out of their way to hurt anyone, but when they feel their space if violated, they get a little hissy. The thing is they outweigh the bike and rider by a lot. I've seen more aggressive behavior with car on car, which size to size, they are more equally matched. Road Rage happens and is going to happen when people get in each other's way. My last ride was down some busy arteries during the evening rush hour. I treated myself as a vehicle, claimed the lane when I thought it necessary and got over to the right as soon as I thought it was safe. I may have empeded traffic for a brief moment, but was seen and avoided.


Oregon
I took this picture on a door while I was in Vernonia, Oregon. Lots of bikes there, but what else is new? It may be a nice thing to go on this fundraiser.

Soon to follow are more pictures of people and places of the family reunion I went to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!