Driving Over The Mountain

This past weekend was a long one for me so I got to get in some good road riding. Riding the loop to the top of Trans Mountain Road is about 22 miles from the house. I am amazed as to how much of a workout it is to make that distance. The change in elevation is from 4000 feet above sea level to exactly a mile high to the peak of that road, so it does take some work for me, a guy who has loved in 500 feet elevations for the past 28 years. The hills in the Texas Hill Country can be tough but while I am still acclimating, the toughness is here, now.

I am still working on my plan to do both ride and drive for my daily commute to work. 60 miles one way is too far to ride and too costly to drive. There has to be some solution to sharing both. Finding the right place to park is what I am trying to do right now. I am sure something will work out pretty soon, but until then, driving over the mountain is what's working.

I "borrowed" these pictures from my boss's web site The Desert Rattlers of Las Cruces. He knows all the trails in the region, in fact, has been a major player in creating, maintaining and using most all of them in these parts. The guy is one whale of a GIS dude also. I hope he doesn't read this because he will think I am kissing up and stealing pictures at the same time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
RJ:

Sorry I missed you and your departure. Glad to know that you have landed safely. Had a good trip to Alaska, but I am now back at the same old pop stand after my 30 day retirement sabbatical. Still think September would have been better. Keep in touch.

BM

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!