Inevitable Crash

The experienced cyclist has learned, usually the hard way that risky behavior can lead to certain danger, like a crash. Going down a hill too fast to negotiate a sharp curve or not slowing down while heading into an intersection not checking for cross traffic until the last second is what I call risky behavior. If the cyclist’s hands are not close to the brake levers, the cyclist’s reaction time determines how quickly he/she can stop. Even if the hands are on the levers and at the ready, it may be too late to prevent a crash. At that certain moment when a crash is imminent, there is little to do but experience the crash and hope for the best while maintaining awareness so as to mitigate any major bodily harm. Usually harm is done, and usually it stays with the cyclist for life, like a scar or a tender joint when the barometric pressure changes. The point is the experience, once lived through is better for the cyclist in making decisions in the future as to how he/she will navigate around on the bicycle.
Bailout
I don’t know much about economics and the world situation, but I do have an opinion. I don’t have the best memory either, but I have lived through three major economic downturns in my life and they all came during a Republican administration. So nowadays history is really being made with Wall Street and my government on the verge of marrying. Sounds like a bad marriage about to happen to me. Like the cyclist who waited so long to be safe, the drivers of some of the nation’s largest economic players are about to crash. I am supposed to run to their aid and bail them out. I think all it would add up to is putting a cushion at the point of impact, the crash is going to happen, and the cushion won’t do that much good. I say let them crash and pay attention enough to mitigate the bodily damage. Sending 700 billion, well realistically a trillion or a bazillion isn’t going to do any good, just like waiting too long to reach for the brake lever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!