Rusty and Me

Rusty and Me



My name is Richard Alan Jordan Jr. I was born June 30, 1948, in El Paso, Texas, at about 6 am; the first son in a sizable family. My father is Richard Alan Jordan Sr and my mother is Norma Jean Vines. Our house was right on the edge of the cotton fields in the lower valley, by the river between Texas and Juarez. 
 I was about five years old and learning more about who I was. I think I just started to notice life happening when mother let me and my dog Rusty go out to the early mornings before others would wake. Our usual activity was to sit on the edge of the porch and enjoy the sunrise heading our way, taking the soft dew with it. For me and Rusty, it was the delight for the morning. We never got far from each other in those days. During the early morning, the sun was just starting to show itself and let anyone see it who was this early.
As the sun was starting to get hot, we moved to the back of the house to where the chickens and rabbits were running around. Then we would go to the top of the canal where we would head for the cottonfields. Rusty and the cottonfields are now only living in my memory. Those that have been given to me are because of God.  If He allows, I will continue on with the rest of the story. 


Rj   Chain Ring Cowboy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!