Flexibly sticking to the Plan

In the normal day to day activities, it seems that I forget about what is really important to me and my life. I am for sure going to have to trim my goal of cycling at least 7,000 miles this year because of priorities that come before, yes, even cycling. There is a family reunion coming up in July, way high priority. Then there is the high school class reunion in September, pretty durn high priority. Then, I have to be flexible to what comes up, such as a phone call from old friends who want to get together for brief visits. My grown daughters and their families warrant some mention also here. If the year had 365 days, to reach 7,000 miles would require an average of 20 miles a day. I am either going to change my goal miles or have some days with a whole bunch of cycle miles in them, which is ok. I can do a 50 no problem. After that, I'm not so sure.

It is 57 degrees out there this morning. Oh, so lucky to live here where I can ride to work in shorts and short sleeved shirt. It was an un-eventful ride with serenity all around. I like early morning car commuters, they get up early enough and take their time going to work. They give wide berth to cycles, at least this cycle. Now going home on the same road between 4 and 5 PM is a far different story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!