The 40 degree temperature this morning is still a bit air-ish, especially when descending into the creek bottoms where the moisture puts a nice chill on anything that holds water... like the human. The breeze is out of the north, I hope it stays that way at 4 this afternoon, a bit of push from the back will be nice.
These past two or three weeks my discipline to ride to work has fallen a bit. Largely because of weather, which is directly related to my notion of what is safe, or Not. And then there is the reason/excuse that it is this time of year and to get certain seasonal things, like Christmas shopping, done, it's best to do it in a car. And I knew, because I've done this before, that I would really enjoy it when I did finally get back on the bike. The stress involved with driving in freeway traffic along with the rest of the world trying to get to work or get away from work is something I forgot about since my latest one year plus of diligent cycle commuting. It's funny to me how riding in traffic is less stressful than driving in traffic, while at the same time, getting the exercise reduces stress also. It's a double de-stress deal. I know a lot of non-riders who don't quite believe that riding a bicycle in urban traffic is not stressful, and when I think about it, I would think it is the opposite also. But trust me, it's true.
The weather gods are smiling upon us for this weekend, with spring-like temps and sunny skies. Perfect for riding, or golfing. Oh yeah. It's only hump day, c'mon friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!