President's Day Gone

The weekend in El Paso was wonderful once again. It's a joyous thing to have such a busy life even if we don't have the time to do all the things we want to. If labeling were required, "Visiting" would be the label for this last weekend. I would like to get in the habit of taking my camera with me everywhere when out and about in El Paso like I am here during the week in Austin. Spending time with mom and dad started the "visit tour" for Marcy and me, which was needed by me since I hadn't seen them in a couple of weeks or more. Thanks for the almond snacks, folks. Having lunch with a childhood friend and his darling wife was a highlight also. Richard and Catherine live in California and made a rare appearance in Sun City. After some great conversation and general catching up on each other over some good food, we scored a cool Blue Grass CD that Richard produced, and Catherine Sings on. What a beautiful voice she has. It's called Keep Your Heart Warm; the group's name is Sierra Highway. If you get a chance, take a listen to their website. If you order a CD, you won't be disappointed.
I also got to spend time with Daughters, Grandchildren, and yes great-grandchildren. I will talk about that more down towards the bottom of this post.
Seeing Aunt Pat and meeting Mr. Wally was especially nice also. Even though we are across the street neighbors, we don't get to see each other very much.
I sometimes don't plan ahead very well as I purchased the airfare for this weekend without taking into account that Monday was President's Day. To extend the flight ticket for another day was too costly so I returned to Austin Sunday night. The weather was nice so I decided to take a bicycle ride over to Shawneen's house to see her and drop off her Candy bars from Christy. Then I went to Town Lake where I had lunch with Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Me And Stevie having lunch










Here was a class of young cyclists taking a class in riding safety. I've not seen this before, but what a wonderful idea. I should try to do something like this when I move to El Paso

I wish I could sign
Christy sent me a text message last week to organize a visit with us. We went down to her house in the late afternoon. Marcy and I took a couple of turns holding the new baby. David and Marcy got to play together. Little did I know that she had these candy bars made up just like a Hershey bar, but they say here she is and here he is with. The net weight and ingredients are pretty special too. I like to look at my candy bars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!