What's He Doing Now

Today I saw the more than usual interesting things on my walkabout through the campus and the "drag". Or maybe it could be that my eye was more in tune with what was going on around me today. I missed one shot of a lady riding along on a touring bike loaded down as if she were traveling through this place. I had a memory of a minor incedent that took place a couple of years ago where I get near the end of the walk, say about three blocks. There was this street guy I had noticed around now and then. For awhile he and some partners seemed to call a certain little corner their home. That partucular day I was fast walking in his area and as I got with about ten feet of him, he went into a rage and through a largh big slush or some kind of fountain drink right at me, which hit me square in the zipper. He was looking down to the ground and his swift underarm pitch sent the drink right at me quicker than I could dodge it. He looked up just in time to see that he had hit a target and even though he was out of his mind with drink or drug, he looked just as shocked as I was, holding up his hands as if to indicate he did not want to get hit. My reaction was to do something about it, but it didn't take a fraction of a second to realize this guy was out of his mind, and didn't really have ME as his target, so I just kept walking. I didn't see him anymore after that, in fact have not thought of him and the event until today. I wonder where he is today. Could the universe be telling me something about him?




A lady doing her lunchtime spiritual and physical routine in the middle of a bustling campus. Note the other two women in the background with their Indian dress.



An enterprising young man doing some repair work in his trailer that he built out of inner tubes and bamboo. I took some pictures of him while he was working which he didn't notice. When I got his attention so we could talk about his craftiness I asked him if I could take his picture. He was a very pleasant looking young dude with a broad smile but that dissapeared as soon as I popped the question. He did however let me take the picture of the bike and trailer together with his leg holding it up. This picture I was going to leave out, but decided it should go in since I am placing a picture of him that he doesn't know about. Helps with my feeling guilty I suppose








Aside from the diversity of people styles, cultures, and preferences in the people world, it appears that lunchtime brings out all sorts of creatures. This little opossum would let me get only so close to him. Whe I persistantly tried to close the space between us he went up int a tree. I hope I didn't spoil is lunch forage too much

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!