I'm Wondering About. Where He's Wandering About

If you recall, I mentioned a young free spirit of a man over on the drag a couple of weeks ago repairing his bike trailer made of bamboo. He uses old inner tubes as fastening agents. His bicycle is totally customized which tells me that he has put a lot of his energy into it. Well, yesterday on my noontime walkabout I noticed his rig parked in front of the Perry Casteneda Library at UT Austin. I had to stop myself from walking just to take a gander of his outfit all in one piece and seeming to function well. I noticed he had his trailer loaded down with stuff, which I didn't inspect or even touch. I have this thing of not wanting to even touch another person's bike. I know some people who don't think there is anything wrong with that, but for me, it's a taboo. Anyway there was his bike. I had a brief chat with someone else about the crude ingenuity and then went on my way. today, the bike is still there, obviously unmoved. That picture didn't seem right to me, and I noticed that he didn't even have it locked up. There are a lot of bicycles stolen on campus, even with good locks. But my fair man hadn't bothered to secure his bike and has left it there, cargo and all free for the taking. So I wonder about him. Tomorrow if it is still there, I plan on leaving him a note, so yes, I will, for the sake of being hypocritical, touch his bike. I hope he is well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!