Tornado Time In South Central Texas

The State Capitol building was the target of a tornado last night. Some ancient Pecan and Live Oak trees were whittled down to the ground in a short few minutes. I am sure this park like area, the South Grounds to the Capitol will still be very pretty when it gets cleaned up. But for many of us, who've spent lunch times and reading times will notice the injury that nature put on the place. I hope that those one time visitors that come through in droves each day won't notice the absence of trunks, branches, leaves and shade. I ride by there twice a day, coming and going to work. This morning the scattered debris gave an ominous feeling.






Last night, I had the television on when the blaringly loud weather warning overtook the the screen and speakers to announce the tornado warning. I raised one of my windows so that I could keep an ear on what was going on outside. My area just got high swirly winds and some rain. The ride in today was a little bit wet with challenging winds.

As I am finishing this up and folks are pouring in to work from the multi directional routes, I am hearing stories of very large hail, winds, rain and such. This weather really gives us something to talk about, and rightfully so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!