Tigua Tribe


Saturday I road down into the Rio Grande Valley, the fertile grounds where Indian tribes long ago found a way of life. The culture continues to hold on to its roots in this historically rich river bottom. On this early sleepy morning gun shots startled me, my first thoughts were not to get caught getting in the middle of a gang war. After all I was just a couple of stone throws from the international border which is know for daily violence. But when I went around a corner I could see a parade of Indians and onlookers marching to the Ysleta Mission, one of the oldest on this continent.
Someone please take a close look at the picture on the right and tell me if the marcher in the white wearing a reddish cap is Bishop Ochoa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!