Delusioning Delight

136 miles last week. Weekend of because of company coming to town. Old friends are well worth the break, and I think my legs are happier because of it also. But I am still on track with cycling goals, and that is important. I got my commuter tuned up, made a sizeable payment on my Roubaix, and am wondering what to do with my Trek 1220 when I get the Rouby out of layaway.
I don't know why I ate too much last night, but felt like eating from the time I got into my apartment until time to go to bed, and I did. I am still tired from the great weekend. Recovery time requirements grow exponentially as I march on in time spent here on this planet.
Why do I think that since I ride to work on a bicycle that I am better than those who drive their SUV's? Why do when I see a seemingly lazy person who has gotten so overweight that it must be the point of no return that I gloat to myself for taking care of myself. Why do I go through these self stroking head trips when I know deep down I am not better than anyone else, lucky to be in the health that I am, and am just another bloke in this world of godly souls.
Should I splurge and start using a pannier as the hot weather looms ahead? Should I look for a lighter pack that will allow heat to leave my back instead of holding it in when the temperature nears a hundred?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!