Spoke Day

Today, I drive and that is a usual. Thursday is second job night teaching, bicycle commuting unfriendly, and long hours to boot. So, I brought my rear wheel in the car so I can take it to the shop this morning to have it re-laced with heavier guage spokes. It's funny what I find exciting, and this event is one of them. I want to be able to load the panniers and not worry about breaking spokes. This should be fun.

Trip Planning
Jorge, one of the young lawyers upstairs in legal has me thinking about a long trip to El Paso come late September. When I first met Jorge in his office I casually mentioned that someday I would like to take the trip to EP. He asked me why EP and I told him that was a good distance to ride (650-700 miles, depending on the route) and also that is where I am from. It turns out he is from El Paso too, and that he has already had long haul experience. It is something that I have only dreamed of.
So this bike shop that I am going to go to today to take my wheel in for re-lacing, is going to give me a price on a Surly Long Haul Trucker frame and fork. The current plan is to take off all the riging in my hybrid bike and put it on this touring frame. Like I say, this is the current plan. I will write more on this later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!