Traveling Guest

I used two different cameras while I was back home for Thanksgiving, so don't have some of the family pictures I wanted to put up here. But I wanted to mention some progress on Judith, the lady who was trekking across the Southern Tier from Jacksonville Florida to San Diego California. At least I think I wrote about her before. But here's the deal

Judith is from the Netherlands. She flew to Florida to ride her bicycle across the southern route of the USA, alone, and for the most part self supported. I met her in an Austin Bicycle shop on one of my lunchtime walks and we looked at a map for a few minutes. I also gave her my mom and dad's address and phone number and told her that if she wanted a nice place to stay to call them. Then I called my parents and told them of what I had done. Kind of reverse order, right?

Judith showed up at mom and dad's on Thanksgiving morning, just in time to take a shower and ride over with them to where Marcy and I were hosting the feast. What a treat this was. Judith seemed to have lots of patience answering the same questions over and over about here ride experiences. I truly believe that when she looks back on her stay in El Paso, she will remember it as one of her very best. My parents are so wonderful about hosting guests, and the loving warmth their home provides is hard to top.

Judith stayed two days there at mom and dads. She spoke of a program called Locks For Love or something like that. Where you can get your hair cut and it goes to make wigs for cancer patients. Judith arrived in El Paso with hair almost to the middle of her back, and left with a nice short stylish look. I think that is pretty awesome, don't you?

Everyone in our family, close and extended, enjoyed meeting the lady from the Netherlands. She is a very nice person and our prayers and wishes for success are with her. A side note here is that her father, a gentleman about the same age as me, did a google search for her name and found it on this blog spot. Isn't that cool? I wish him the best too, because he raised a courageous father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!