Now! There's A Thin Line

If I've learned my lessons in life it means that I paid attention to errors in judgement I've made along the way. I think this holds true for the good choices I've been lucky enough to make also. That old saying that history repeats itself is so true many times over in this world as it it begins at the individual level and weaves its way through the family, community, city, state, world, and perhaps the universe. But it doesn't have to be that way we all know, and in fact nothing is exactly the same even though it seems that way to the undiscerning eye. Self help books and thinking that I first became aware of about 25 years ago drove it into our heads that we keep repeating bad choices, especially in regard to relationships or substance abuse, because of some unresolved issue we acquired in our youth. Now I am not discounting this theory or those like them in anyway, but contend that no two experiences are the same, just only may appear that way. It is though, worth examining those experiences, lay eyes on them to say, overlap them as if putting maps one top of the other on a light table so that the similarities and differences can be detected. Diligent examination of the past can surely provide for a more peaceful future, which I a sure not many people would argue against.
Planning a successful future though requires more expertise than my first look shallow thinking would come up with, especially if I don't consider my past experiences. When I look at myself I think that my life has had more diversity of experiences than the average person. I've been fortunate enough to assimilate into several regional cultures in this country. There are only a couple of people I know who've had as many totally different career paths I've had. Then there are the many types of recreational activities I've taken up. But on the other side of that coin, I've repeated some things over and over, like relationships. And that's where putting them on the light table one overlapping the other for viewing, I contend they will all look distinctively different.
The point here though is not to dwell on any personal analysis or revelation, but to observe how, with good balance one can have fulfillment in the present. The synonyms, present and now are probably the most difficult words to pin down. Pardon the pun, but here and now is always on the move. It's here right now and in less than a nano-second it's gone forever to the past and taken from the future. It's easy for me not to live in fear of the future of what may happen in 10 seconds, but not what may happen in 6 months. Truth is I think I am doing pretty good in the "worry about the past and fear the future" syndrome. But I gotta tell you, the future looks brighter than ever before which is exciting. Excitement may help heighten the senses of hopes and fears. But nothing to worry about, just behold its value, because the past teaches me that tomorrow is always the unknown.
Think of what might happen in a short while which just became now, but that was a moment ago and that is gone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!