Cycling and Recycling

Today, starting at 4:30AM I rode in one of those big garbage trucks. You know, the type that come by your house with an arm and grabber that picks up your big plastic can, hoists it in the air to pour out the contents into the big container that can then crush anything it wants to? I gathered statistics today, like how many people forget to leave their can out on time, and how many people have two containers, or three or four. yes four big cans some people have. Trash generators they are.
First trip goes to the land fill, second trip goes to the recycle center, and that's the part I like. My dad was an early recycle person you know. Those big ole trucks use a lot of fossil juice to do their job, but I suppose it is necessary. Too bad we can't do it en masse on bicycles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!