Stem Up Or Stem Down?

It looks like Lance Armstrong's bike has a more or less horizontal stem. Mine is turned down a little more than horizontal, I wonder if my pride will allow me to turn it up? Like the way it was when I first got the bike. I don't think that not being so upright is hurting me, but I did take my rode bike out a few weeks ago and hammered out a 60 miler. The day after I had some pain in the back of my right knee. The soreness has diminished with only slight discomfort. My theory is that since I have been riding my touring bike exclusively for at least six months, my legs were not able to deal with the difference in range of motion, even if ever so slight. Today I made some adjustments to make the fit on each bike as close as possible to each other. Tomorrow I will test this theory out as I am going out for a nice spin with KF.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!