Ride in the Drops

Lance is trying out his new Trek, with special design. I think he is going to ride this in the Tour De France. He seems to like it.

Have you ever noticed that when a group of weekend riders get together, maybe do a 50 miler, a century, or even more, or even less; that they ride up on the brake bonnets the majority of the time? Maybe you are one of them, I know I am. When I ride in events or socially on the weekends and when commuting to work, there I am, hands high on the handlebar.....
Well that's the way it was until I went to watch the Tour de Gila a few weeks ago. After observing the big pros in person, it finally hit me that these guys live down low in the drops. So now guess what I'm doing? Yep. It's for real. During my commute to work this week, I got a feel of what it was like to spend that much time down there. Whenever I needed to come out of the saddle and power up a hill, or get across an intersection lickity-split, it felt very good, better than I thought it would. There must be a reason for the handlebars to be setup that way... duh. You can't learn everything on Versus TV.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You have got me so upset. Here you are commenting on 10,000 dollar bikes and you come after me for owning a 3 thousand dollar bike. Come on now, do you love the roadie or hate him? I am referring to your post on the tragedy on George Dieter.

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!