Low Down Flat Tire Blues

Yesterday I ruined two tubes. Well, I would like to blame it on my old pump, the kind that rides underneath to top tube. It's old and hasn't been used much, but yesterday it was maybe in a bad mood, but it would bite the end of the presta valve off, leaving and unpluggable hole in the stem. This happened twice, once to a brand new tube and then to the old tube I decided to patch. I ended up pushing Odyssey home, about 3 miles from the apartment.

I have gone for a long time without tire troubles, but Sunday and Thursday have been pure grief. I mean I thought I was an old hand at changing flats, getting back on the road in minutes. These last two events has proved me wrong there. I peddled around for half an hour or so to no good result and end up walking home anyway.

But you know what? I like riding, and there will be something good come out of this. For one thing I think I will rename my pump. It won't be called a pump anymore, I will call it "presta valve biter".
I am rolling good this morning though, with a smooth ride in to the job. Tomorrow I will replace my used up tube stock and maybe even get a new tire or two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!