Whose Counting

It is 53 days until I embark on my cycle journey across Texas. It is 67 days until the Great Combined Class Reunion begins at Eastwood High School, the home of the Troopers in El Paso. That gives me 14 days to cross the vast stretches of what some people think of as wasteland. My partner has no gender. It's name is Odyssey, like the poem. I am thinking that when Odysseus wandered around on his 10 year journey, he experienced very similar types of terrain. But about my partner, Odyssey. Steel frame. Steel is real. Lots of gears, 27. It was created by the highest level of intelligence that goes by the name of technology. It employeed humans to build it. Once technology downloaded the knowledge into a handful of humans, others joined in to pull together the atoms into its current mold.

Odyssey conveyed to me that it has a consciousness. Arithmetic, plain and simple. Geometry of form. Pounds per Square Inc to Gravity and Friction. Gear Ratio to Travel Inches. Wind Velocity and Percent Grade. And there is much more, but more importantly there is the Golden Ratio of man's body, slave to technology. Man's Body and the Golden Ratio. PHI.

Technology has gifted a human, ME, to traverse the desolate lands on a search, both external and internal. After after living close to 60 years and made just about every mistake there is to make, has lead me to believe the the search for meaning, may be the meaning. Who Knows?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!