The Finish Line


When I got to Van Horn, cleaned off the road dust, ate a big plate of Chuy's Mexican food, I made some calls and talked of getting to El Paso in two days.
But like a mule headed to the barn after a hard day's work, I trudged a little harder and a little longer. Drank more gatorade, ate more Clif bars, and plowed that field.
The tail wind helped also. I got hot spots on the bottom of my feet and had to take a couple of breaks. I got into the city vicinity and had to relearn how crazy traffic can be. But the mule kept pulling.
Eventually, there I was at my parents house. Rick, the next door neighbor took our picture. Destination. I shortened the map, took one ride in a truck, and arrived two days ealier than planned. But it all feels worthy.
I am going to have a great grandson plunge onto the planet any minute now, so getting here early can be a good thing. There are family and special friends I am anxious to visit before the class reunion festivities begin. This is a fast and furious attempt to write and install pictures. As time goes by, I want to show more pics and tell more stories about the interesting and fine folks I've met along the way. Please stay tuned.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Way to go, Rick!!! Have a great time with your family and friends. Tim and I checked your blog this morning before school and he wants to make a trip like this. He said you are "amazing." No telling how far your influence will go, is there? Enjoy your visit - we look forward to hearing all the stories when you get back.

Bob M and grandson Tim
Anonymous said…
Congratulations, Rick!

I knew you could do it!!

Have a wonderful time at the class reunion.

Joan
Anonymous said…
congratulations Rick. Come by and tell us about it.

-Austinbikes

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!