Fort Davis is sooo Pretty

This morning at about 8:30am, I crossed the county line that gets me to Fort Davis. I am there now using the library computer to update this blog. I would put more pictures in but the download time is making me think that I have to get to cracking on some chores. I need to find a laundromat, a grocery store, the post office and then trek up the mountain the the camp site. I wanted to get there before late afternoon.

I forgot to tell you about the rided from Fort Stockton to Alpine. BRUTAL!. Up hill the whole way and a head wind at about 20-25 miles an hour. Making that day, yesterday, was about the biggest accomplishment so far. The day off at the camp site will be needed.



This is Sally (below) feeding her horses before we take off Wednesday morning. Sally can be in Manhatan at a Broadway play one week, St. Louis at a Woman's convention the next, or loading goats on her ranch to take to the San Angelo auction barn. Sterling, you done good.
Ok, so I cheated a little bit by letting her take from Ozona to Bakersfield in her truck with the bike and trailer riding behind in the stock trailer. It shaved about 50 miles off my trip which help get me back on Schedule. Since we had great conversations about God, Country, Education and Life, it became all part of a great journey rather than skipping out on some of the ride. Who said I had to ride the whole thing anyway?







Tuesday night I got to stay in a ranch house situated just to the left of this one in the picture. It's the main house and is on a huge ranch in the very middle of Texas so far out from civilization that the only thing that could be heard during the night would be the occasional creaking music from a windmill, or the whirr of an oil rig working in the night. There reall are still stars out at night.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Doing great!! Keep up the good work and keep us posted. You have lots of support and interest back in the shadow of the Capitol.

Ride safe.

Bob M

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!