I Heard It the First Time

Tony was in the kitchen at the counter putting spices on the fresh fish he was about to cook. Pretty lucky thing, a friend of his went deep water fishing and caught a bunch of fish and wanted to share it with others. Tony was one fortunate recipient. There was a block of white cheese on the counter also, which Tony was going to cut some pieces off to make cheese/cracker snacks to tide him over while the fish was being cooked. "I think that is enough", he thought regarding the Cajun spice he was sprinkling on the fish. This thought of his was way back in his head where his consciousness barely noticed it. The thought repeated itself, "I think that is enough", but this time just a bit more noticeable to his conscious mind. Then, as if by a reflexive reaction, like a doctor tapping your knee with the little triangle shaped rubber hammer, he said. "I think that is enough". So Tony stopped sprinkling, but what got his attention was the awareness that he had thought this thought twice, and then said it out loud. "Oh my god" another thought. "How long have I been doing this? Thinking a thought and then saying aloud. Is this what people do when they get old, or do people do it all their life? Do other people do it or is it just a rarity? Am I ok?" Tony's mind was asking these questions and more about this new revelation of himself.
"It's time to cook the fish", he thought. Then, caught himself and thought, "mind, I heard that".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!