No Despair, Never Complain....

Yeah Right....

I have to say that with all the riding I do in traffic, I rarely have a negative event, so when I do I feel like telling about it.
This morning was one of those interesting commutes inward to my workplace. I was squeezed by a bus, the wonderful Capitol Metro Bus Company. Really though, those guys are great. They have to put up with people, schedules, and of course, traffic. But today, I got one of those absolute moments of how fate can end the tour of duty on this planet. I am sure the driver wasn't being malicious, but perhaps just exercising poor judgment as to how far around me he could get before veering to the right hand curb to stop and pick up passengers. But the kicker was I was in the road just about where the bus was to stop. After being able to stay out from under his dual rear tires, I pulled around the the driver side of the bus, stopped at his window, knocked to get his attention, and then called him something that I am sure wasn't his real name. By his reaction I thought he was coming out of the bus to have a "talk" with me, but he didn't. I followed him down to the next stop and tried to talk to him from the entry side of the bus, but he closed the double doors and drove off. I was trying to get his real name so when I talked to the bus company customer service folks, I could be a bit more polite and not repeat the name I had given him, which incidentally, didn't speak well of his mom. He wouldn't give it, closed the doors and drove off. I feel badly that one potential passenger got left behind due to my overt acting out in anger. I apologized to him, but I think he enjoyed the Friday morning show. If this driver continues to drive this route, he and I are gonna have to learn to get along, because I'm not changing my schedule or route. Next time I will claim the entire lane if in that spot and see that there is a bus behind me. I would rather him be unhappy that I made him 5 seconds late to a stop than really late because he had to have me removed from under his wheels.

Happy Friday though, all is well. Tomorrow the "Taco Ride" with Austin Tri, and Sunday a ride with Team Roadkill. Oh yeah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!