Taxing Ride

After getting in 50 miles with the group Saturday, I decided to take care of some business in town, so I got on Odyssey toodled into the urban scene of South By Southwest.(click on link) A lot of people go to this event held for a few days here in Austin, and a lot of people pay to attend all these different venues. But a street walker or cyclist can here good music just about all over town, all they have to do is be willing to stop here and there, to soak up the good sounds. It was hard to keep moving with all the good choices, but I was on a business mission and kept moving. The miles for Saturday exceeded 70, I feel like I am coming back after sitting out all those rainy days.

Whenever I get a chance I go by the part of the Capitol Grounds where the statues of the school children are. You may have noticed in an entry I posted about this place several months ago.This Saturday the grounds were very empty, maybe because everyone was at the music festival a few blocks away. But there was this lady with child sitting there just being, just being with here child and serene setting, with all those little children statues enjoying the yard, day, and weather.



On my way home Sunday afternoon I saw these two rigs at the chicken place. I've seen these guys before collecting cans and what not. After I took the picture and rode away, I thought that I should have stopped in there and had a piece of chicken with them. But it was too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!