A Pill To Swallow

When I watch my children grow up and their children grow up and my parents grow up it makes me realize that I may be growing up too. But as much as I don't want to, I guess I have to grow up. Now I don't mean to say that I want to be irresponsible because that is quite different than being a little bit, well, not so grown up.
In the early years total dependence is placed upon us by those dear little offspring. Almost every day from the beginning, a child finds one or two things that help that little person do something on their own. Oh how we applaud them and marvel at their progress as they make it through life becoming a little more independent, a little more less dependent on me, the parent.
No bid deal though right? That's what just about every living thing on this planet does, have offspring, raise them and let them go so they can do the same thing to keep this whole worldly system going forward. At least I think it's forward.
My Marcy and I were on the phone talking about how some aspects of life with ever growing children come to an end (which by the way open doors to other aspects of life). I told an experience my youngest daughter and I had, a story of thread cutting. I used the words "It Was A Pill To Swallow". I noticed that I didn't say "A Hard Pill To Swallow", just a pill. I suppose some medicine is harder to take than others, but all the different types of medicine do or should result in a positive outcome. And for the most part, I think all the medicine I've had to swallow in my life has done me lots of good.
True to the worldly plan, in a few short months all my children will have had offspring of their own and they can start on the proverbial total dependence of other human beings, and progress through the thread cutting process, and grow up while they watch their children grow up and their parents too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!