When You Are Running With The Herd

This weekend looks like it's the last one for me to get in some good training for the MS150 which happens on April 21. As nice as it is to have some spring rains fall to make the wildflowers look so happy, I hope it lets up Saturday and Sunday. This year the agency I work for has a fairly large team participating in the event. So far most of the folks have done a great job of training and the group rides have been good for us all to get to know each other. This "Herd", if you will is about 35 or forty strong with abilities ranging from race horse quality to for real beginners. Each one of us is grouped according to our average speed. There are five groups, each with a captain, of sorts, who will be responsible for keeping a head count. I am the captain of the 16+ mile per hour group, a challenging pace for me considering I haven't trained as diligently as I did for last year's event. But it will be fun and I can do it.
I like this whole herd running notion, the only thing to be concerned about is that you have to watch out what you step in when you're running with the herd.

Comments

Anonymous said…
But the scenery never changes unless you are the leader of the herd. Be glad you are the leader!

A Team Member.

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!