Break Time And Travel Time

I am ready to see my sweetheart. It's drizzling outside and looks like a slow soaker is here for the day. I drove today and will tomorrow. I've ridden hard for several days now and it's time to give my legs a break.
It has been a week since I've driven my car, or road in one for that matter, and I have to say that it felt strange. I've gone as long before, but never felt funny about it. About half way to work, I noticed that my two hands on the wheel were hanging and I was floating over 4 wheels. Now I know this has been going on for a long time, you know, like most of my life, but today's sensation was like a little paradigm shift, like seeing one of those pictures you can see below. I've seen lots of birds and lots of trees, and lots of pretty faces; but never the two being one and the same. Well, that's kind of what it felt like going amongst thousands of cars, choreographed to the tune cooperative destination.




My hands are usually over the handlebars holding me up, not just hanging there. My body is placed between two wheels instead of four, and the senses are in touch with the natural world, that definite spot on the planet at any given second in time. If I were riding this morning, at about the same time I had the little vision, my helmet would have begun dripping the drizzle in front of my eyes. The fenders would have been doing their duty, keeping the slinging road water off my back and legs.
But it's break time and travel time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!