Raining Sunday Morning

Raining again this weekend, the desert is not at all the way I remember it. I wonder if the climate change is affecting this part of the planet by providing more moisture. There is a plant that I call Grease Wood that when the the land is parched would be the only thing growing. It would look very thirsty, but refuse to die. when the rains would finally come to the drought, the Grease Wood would perk up, turn leaves green and make the air smell good. Now a days, it seems to me, that the Grease Wood is competing with weeds and grasses and such for space, all looking very happy. Maybe I moved from the Texas Hill Country in time to see the greening of the desert.


It may be hard for you to see the writing on the sign, but it says that is my reserved parking space. Located at the Dona Ana County Assessor's office, inside the archives and records vault, some of the guys cleaned out an space, parked my bike, and put up a sign. I think the intentions were both in jest as well as a nice welcome to a nut who rides a bike to work. At any rate, I enjoy it.

My friends Jon and Jeff have been riding out in West Texas in this rain. First from Alpine, then to Fort Davis, then to Balmoreah. then back to Fort Davis. I talked to them on the phone yesterday. They were looking for a place to park and dry out a bit. Perhaps today they are heading back to Alpine. I am waiting to hear from them again. I understand they have some great pics and videos. They met some other cyclists in Balmoreah and had a big ole party. I hope they don't mind the wetness too much. Have a blast guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!