Bumpy Skies Across Texas

Saturday at the Volleyball game





The flight back to Austin was pretty bumpy. When the flight attendants were attempting to serve drinks to all us passengers I wondered if the pilot had a view of what was going on, because the attendants got a break from their duties when the intercom came on and ordered all attendants to take their seats. From that point ensued a the type of rough ride that makes you wonder how those wings can stay attached to the fuselage. When walking to the long term parking, the weather was nice, warm, calm. But that changed during the night.

When I looked out the window upon waking, I could see the trees blowing and water drops on th leaves of my huge rubber plant. I thought that riding a bike today would be uncomofortable but that wasn't good enough excuse to drive. I told myself that after taking a shower I would just find my warmer, water resistant clothes. When the lady on the radio said that there was an 80% chance of rain and there was a wind advisory, I started thinking of how to make excuses sound more attractive. When I raised the garage door and saw the heavy rain whipping this way and that, I knew that driving would be the way to get to the job this day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think your blog thing is interesting, so I'm leaving you a comment.Its kinda like "Your space"
haha get it? ;)
AG

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!