Fall into the coolness

The ride in was nice this morning with temps being around 55. I am accustomed to arriving at the office drenched with sweat and having to cool down and dry off before changing. Being cooled off already is a welcome change of events.

Picture taken from Martino's Bike Diary


I know that a vast majority of the folks in this world of ours are harnessed to the automobile. That's just the way it is. I am not talking to you, who are bound by the system. In fairness, the evolution of how the human race moves around from one place to another is a fantastic story from the days we drug fresh meat home by hand and picked berries in the field then get plenty of them to the cave in time for supper. Or how about when a natural storm comes or a fire rages the land, cars and trucks are much better to move than being on foot.
Anyway, there are plenty of us out there who are not absolutely dependant on the auto to get around to do normal mundane tasks during the day. You are the one I am talking to. Oh, and when the evacuation comes to my area, I am thinking that having the bike to ride might be as good as having my car. Ride your bike.
Confession
Today is already Wednesday and I rode to work for the first time this week. What a slacker, and possibly hypocritical with what I was saying above. Even though I think I had a good excuse, I still feel a bit guilty for not riding Tuesday. The good news though is that like other times of taking a break from cycling, it feels real good inside and out to have gotten back on it. Ride my bike.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!