Drive Warning

Yesterday I had a great ride to work,then back to the apartment at lunch time. A quick change of clothes, try to make sure I didn't forget to put everything I think I needed for the stay in El Paso, and off I went back to work. With the Andrew's blessing I left early, went to the school and got an early send off from there too. So there I was off on the 600 mile trip to Far West Texas, home of homes, earlier than I had originally planned. Nowadays one can drive the interstate across Texas at 80 mph, 84 if you stretch it, but beyond that you will get pulled over. When darkness comes though, you have to slow it down to 65. I was pushing the envelope at 74 mph around 8:45 pm when the state trooper pulled me over. His radar and my speedometer are calibrated the same. I know this because he told me how fast I was going. I appreciate that he didn't lie and kick it up 1 mph or I would be holding an expensive citation. Instead I got a warning. The last 150 miles of the trip was easier to hold it down to a respectable 68-69. It's great to be home. The weather is nice for riding but that will come later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!