Seeking Self Actualization

Just one more thing about the ring that was taken day before yesterday. I kept that ring put away and rarely looked at it. But last Thursday I took it out of the little felt covered box and rolled it around between my fore finger and thumb just checking it out. A thought occurred to me to have Marcy take it home with her so she could wear it if she wanted or keep it with all the rest of her jewelery. Then when she was here for the weekend the thought crossed my mind and thought about talking it over with her. But I didn't, just because other things were being talked about, it just left my mind. As I look back I can't help but to think that the universe was sending a gentle message.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything"

It has always been easy to thank God for the great things that happen to me. Expressing gratitude just jumps out when everything is going my way. This passage has always been one of my favorite because I understand that I am supposed to be just as grateful for this robbery as I was for instance when I met Marcy. I am trying, but I'm not all the way there yet.


MOVING ON
Even though I rode to work, at lunch time I enjoy walking and taking pictures. I like listening to the university radio station too. I needed to go to the bank down on the lower end of Congress Blvd, the weather was nice, just right for foot strolling. I never noticed that the police bikes said "Ranger" on the top tube. Pretty cool. The officer was inside Starbucks when I took this picture.



She looks so pro, I am surprised to see her on the sidewalk


I think the Santa salvation army dude is a cop in disguise, which is cool with me.I saw him earlier on another corner, and in this pic the ranger rider is out of Starbucks.


How in the world can you flip a car in a 25 mph street?





(remember that you get a better view of the pics when you click on them)





Radio Head Knows What's up. I found this on the Safety is sexy blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!