Leading Edges Are Good Thermometers

Definition: The leading edge is a line connecting the forward-most points of a wing's profile. In other words, it's the front edge of the wing. When an aircraft is moving forward, the leading edge is that part of the wing that first contacts the air. During a tailslide, from an aerodynamic point-of-view, the trailing edge becomes the leading edge and vice-versa.
The term leading edge is mostly used in aerodynamic contexts, but I like to use it in cycling too. Like the nose, it's the forward-most point for the upper part of the body, the fingers for the mid section and toes-ies for the lower. When the temps are cooler, those edges can tell you about it. After my ride to work and when I sit down to the keyboard to type, it's fun to see how my fingers don't want to work so well. Then after a while they do. Like right now, I stop for just a second to feel my fingers. It's funny to me how one set of fingers, say those on my left hand, which are still cold, feel the other set of fingers, which are also cold; feel that they are still both cold. And then when the coldness goes away, I never notice when.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!