Learning From the Horse

First the Man walked, then he caught a horse. The man rode the horse and got around much better until man built a bicycle. Then the horse and the bicycle shared the road until the motorcycle and car came, which made for sharing the road more difficult.
Two fuel tanks make the horse and man go. One for the horse, one for the man. Two fuel tanks are needed for the car/man transport also. One fuel tank is needed for the bicycle/car combo.

Have you ever fed the horses in the dawn of morning? Hay is great, the horse likes his hay. Alfalfa is even better, the horse knows that alfalfa day is better eating. But Oats? Show me a horse that doesn't get excited when he/she sees the oat barrell being opened, and I'll show you a can of dogfood. They love oats, can't get enough of them in their cud fast enough.

I wish I knew the history of oats and how us humans decided that oatmeal was a worthy breakfast food. I wonder if back a long time ago, man and the horse shared their oats. At what point did man start cooking the oats to make a mush or oatmeal? Why do we cook them now? Once while feeding the horses many years ago, I decided that oats were probably better for you uncooked than cooked. If they are good for the horses uncooked, they surely must be good for the man, I thought.

As I sit here writing this, eating my dry oats in a bowl, I wonder who cares about such food for thought. Who in their right mind would consider this breakfast for the mind? How would the after taste of dry oats and coffee provide for a productive day?

My ten miles in to work this morning was nice. Turning the crank soothes the soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!