Road Cross - in

About half way to town Memorial Day morning, I found myself doing something I shouldn't, spending too much time looking down at the road right in front of me. I know that I'm supposed to keep my head up, looking forward, and I do most of the time, but the habit of zoning with my head down and eyes looking about six feet in front of me is a hard one to break. Once I hit a two by four piece of lumber because my head was down. By the time I saw it, it was too late to react. It didn't hurt anything, but tells me that my day is coming for a fall if I get caught at the right time.
So on my way to watch the Capitol of Texas triathlon Memorial day my eyes catch this little cross laying in the road. A little white cross, designed kind of like what you would see at Arlington National Cemetary, all those white crosses in symetric rows no matter what angle you view them from. Onc cross in the road between road crossings on Memorial Day...... Sign of the Cross.
Chad Hawthorn from Birmingham Alabama had a front flat tire. When I saw him he was carring his bycicle on his right shoulder, and his flat tired rim in his left hand. He asked me if I had a tube. I did. He put it in, used my pump and got back on the road. But while doing this that's when I learned he was from Ala., He had a Garmin Forerunner 305 like mine, and his name. He thanked me and made a nice gesture to make it right. I told him to pay it forward. I am sure he will, he is a triathlete.
I'm a Trooper, He's a Trooper

I also talked to a couple of State Troopers at the entrance to the Capitol Complex. Very nice visit with those two gentlemen. I am going to make one of them a map of Texas some day soon. It turns out that each morning at six o'clock, as I ride by on my way to work, I have been seeing this one guy. I usually say good morning and keep going. I usually hear good morning back, it is nice to have a face with the name. It is dark when I go through in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!