Winds of Change, Changing Winds

I know a young lady who has a car with over 100,000 miles on it. It has been a very reliable car and that is something for being American made. This little car has seen her through some high school time and all of her college life, and recently developed a coolant leak. The answer to that was to buy antifreeze and pour in as necessary each day so as to keep this great little car getting her from place to place. She finally had to put the car in the shop and fork up $400 to get it back in reliable form. I hope her car lasts a long long time if she wants to drive around in that thing, but I wish she would get a bicycle. Young lady if you read this, you know who I am talking about.
KLUTZ DELUXE
Today was "Bike to Work Day", part of "Bike to Work Week". There were free patries at various stops, lots of complimenting each others bikes, and a general sense of socializing that normally won't happen if you encounter the same folks on the daily commute. That is, if those folks commuted regularly on a bike. Some do, most don't. I did the really Klutzy thing of falling when starting off on the last stop, clipped in and on my back with a city bus bearing down on me. It stopped. I skinned my knee. It was bleeding, but didn't hurt near as much as my pride was hurt. I rode off embarrassed and red faced. Oh well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!