Windows

Days longer, temperatures warmer. The way it was where I grew up, when the sun went down, the earth got a break from the blistering heat. Cool summer nights are unheard of here, oxymoronic actually. For me the first day of summer comes when I cannot sleep with the windows open because of the heat, and that day is coming very soon I suspect. Since I am all up into energy saving, this summer I plan to leave my thermostat set at 82 degrees. That is hard to do for most the folks that live in these parts. It should be relatively easy though since that is about 17 degrees lower than our body heat. Maybe I'm full of it here, but if people would get more exercise acclimated to the outside temperature, they could increase their threshold for dealing with extreme temperatures, both high and low.

For now though the windows are closed and the ac comes on when the temp exceeds 82

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!