Links in the Chain

No riding again today. I've got the car packed and ready to make the drive to El Paso so I can spend the week with Marcy, the kids, parents, siblings, and other visitors. A lot of us are coming in from other parts of the country. I hope to get by Burly Fox Hollow bike put together so I can get some riding in during the week. The higher altitude will be a fun challenge. I have been waiting patiently to attack Trans Mountain Pass, maybe next week that will happen. See my fingers crossed?



When I lose my balance, can I have a tricycle?








Jon P sent me some links yesterday that just opened up more of this terrific bicycle blogging world, because one great site leads to another and then another etc. Jon said these are some of the sites his dad reads up in Chicago or someplace up there where those folks understand what cold weather really is. I've linked a couple of these site on the right hand sidebar but want to mention them here as well.
I don't know anything about mechanic-ing and about all I claim I can do is ride. I think I am an experienced city street commuter, but give me another 15 or 20 years experience and I will see what kind of claim I make.
Dave Moulton has an awesome site, with an archive that's full of good stuff. I will adopt his concept and term of the POB(people on a bike), I really appreciate the distinction between cyclists and people on bikes. Dave has a bunch of blog sites we can look at, too many to mention here but I did want to expose Howard. I haven't figured out just what part of the Western USA he is in, but the countryside looks great. He is quite good with his video stuff.
Then that lead to Time And Distance, which looks like a fun group. What I like most though is the little frase that "The future is a lot like today - Only Later". But you see? It goes on and on
I haven't talked about other sites Jon has shown me, perhaps later. Thanks Jon, I want to meet your dad someday.


Borrowed from one of the sites I saw yesterday



I made a comment on Howard's posting that contained the poem below. I said I wanted to post it on the blog. I think I have permission.


Bikes
(with apologies to Joyce Kilmer)

I think that I shall never like
a poem as lovely as a bike.
A bike whose hungry pedals crank
upon the Earth's sweet rolling flank;
A bike that rides towards God all day,
and lifts her rider's heart to play;
A bike that may in Summer wear
a bonking rider's distant stare.
Poems are made by fools like me,
reminding us to ride with glee.

Comments

Howard said…
Yes, you have my permission. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!