Popping Acorns

Riding in this morning with the breeze was a breeze. South winds from the gulf coast make traveling north easy as well as bring in warm temperatures. Ripened acorns are now gathering on the ground and pop when they get run over. Some years there are not many acorns but because of this summer's plentiful rain, they are abundant. The deer in the countryside will have plenty to eat. I like the way they sound under my tires.

Today this workplace will be nice and quiet. Hopefully anyway. We are running on a "skeleton crew" basis because of Veteran's Day, which is this Sunday, but our fair commissioner allowed some of us to enjoy it today. He is a veteran himself having served in the marines in Viet Nam. He cares about other vets and is a good commissioner. I am covering for my area so my wonderful bike gets to park inside today inside my workmates cubicle. How fun is that? One of the ladies that works here feeds pigeons, dove and grackles each morning and she isn't here today, so I fed them. Someone asked me if they get confused when the weekend comes. I am not sure if they do because they have a small brain. But even with a tiny brain, they may understand better than us with larger brains that life is supposed to be confusing. You can see by the clock on the wall that it's time for me to get to work.

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!