In Search of a Better Path

Nobody showed up on Sunday, maybe because it was Father's Day. Or maybe because the earlier rain seemed ominous enough to last all day. The rain went away, cleansed the path and provided a riding day that was out of the norm, and great. Dave and I road together for the first time. I met Dave in February of 97' in a job interview. Multiple corporate umbrellas permitted that Dave was one of my managers. I got the job and worked under Dave, both directly and indirectly for almost five years. Then I went away to work in geography. As happenstance would have it, Dave an my paths have crossed occasionally over the last four point five years. Dave is cool, one of the rare people that I could consider a friend and a boss a the same time.
We met Sunday at the library in Buda, he on his Trek Soho, and me with my Trek 520. I decided to leave Ruby in the garage and load the touring bike down, panniers full, three water bottles hanging in their cages, and wearing casual shorts and shirt, all so I could do a rehearsal for the upcoming travels planned.
A good time was had by the both of us. Dave jumped into the seventy degree water of the San Marcos river, our turn around point. The ride back north was nice. I hope Dave shows up again and meets some of the regulars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!