Stay Close, the best is yet to come

When NPR starts talking about American Soldiers murdering innocent people in Iraq, I don't know what to think. One thought is that NPR may need something to journal about, can't find worthy news, or another thought, there is something going on that we need to pay attention to. Can't everyone just fight a Clean war. Give me a break!! I wonder if all the sleepless nights soldiers have during their lives after their war experience can compare with the sleepless nights the ministers of war have?

Exclusive Route

If anyone would have told me 30 years ago that when I get to be standing at the doorstep of elder-hood, I would be cycling to work, 10 miles each way, and loving it, I would have said they were nuts. If anyone would have said 30 years ago that gasoline would be so expensive that a month's worth of it for some would amount to half the mortgage payment, I would have said, "no surprise here, I In fact, expected it". I was working in a refinery in 1972 when the first (to my recollection) gasoline shortage hit the United States. I saw first hand the finished product storage tanks bursting at the seams on the verge of overflow while the evening ing news showed long lines of cars waiting to get gasoline at filling stations all across the country. I believe then the shortage was created to stop the low price of gasoline, capitalizing on the OPEC situation. I believe the same sort of thing is happening now. Too complicated for my pea brain, so I just say it's the same thing only different.

But here's the rub. I am all for it. Let them make gasoline and diesel as expensive as can be. Emissions can be like a rare stone, the less there are the more they are worth.

If you would have told me a long time ago that I would be traveling the entire length of Congress Blvd everyday when your blessed with the prospect of entering the 6th decade of life on a bicycle, I would have said you are smoking some good stuff. But I am and you don't seem to be smoking. My route is nicely exclusive in my mind even if there are tons of cheap emissions around it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!